This dish is healthy and tasty, too! Dig in, guilt – free! Add some leftover chopped veggies if you have them !
2 cups Dalia (Broken wheat)
1 cup peeled green peas
2 carrots chopped
1 big onion chopped
1 green capsicum chopped
½ cauliflower chopped into small pieces
2-3 green chillies chopped
Coriander for garnish
2 tablespoons cooking oil
2 cups water
Salt and chilli powder to taste
Optional: Secret ingredient – 1 teaspoon of Sambhar Powder)
- Roast the dalia on low flame for 1 minute. Stir constantly to avoid charring the dalia/broken wheat. This will make it crunchy and bring out that nutty taste and deep brown color. Alternatively, if you like your dalia/broken wheat a bit slushy skip this step.
- Put roasted dalia and water in a pressure cooker and cook for 1 whistle or till the dalia grains are tender and the water has dried out.
- In a pan heat oil. Starting with the green chillies, add all the chopped vegetables and cook till tender.
- Add the cooked dalia to the vegetables. Stir and mix well.
- Add the salt, chilly powder and if you like, some sambhar powder (you’ll be surprised with the punch in flavor!)
- Stir and mix well. Take off the heat and garnish with corriander.
Order your organic ingredients from our website here
I Say Organic. I Say Delicious! What Do You Say? Tell us in the comments.