Despite widespread news stories about food adulteration, common consumers are still not aware of the many adulterants in their food. Dal is something found in every Indian household. You will see it being cooked in every house and commonly being eaten mixed with some rice. It’s quite frightening to know that the dals we eat every day are one of the most frequently adulterated foods and also have been said to cause many different type of health issues and stomach ailments. The next time you go buy some Dal, how could you be sure that what you’re consuming is 100% pure? This is where I Say Organic comes in to provide you with clean, fresh and 100% organic and pure foods!
Adulteration of Arhar Dal (found in the market):
- Metanil Yellow and Kesari Dal (Added to enhance the yellow colour of a food substance)
- Sand, marble chips, stones, filth
Try this Test!
Dissolve half a spoon full of besan or turmeric powder in 20 ml of lukewarm water. Add a few drops of hydrochloric acid or any commonly available acid at home. If the water turns pink, violet or purple, it shows the presence of Metanil yellow.
- Highly carcinogenic if consumed over a continuous period of time
- Can also cause stomach disorders
- The presence of sand, marble chips and stones harm the digestive tract in a short period of time; the symptoms are commonly mistaken as upset stomachs, acid, digestion problems etc.
Organic Arhar Dal from I Say Organic:
- Hand milled shelled Arhar Dal (without or with 10% grain cover)
- Arhar Dal grains/Pigeon whole grains – white and red indigenous variety of pigeon peas super rich in proteins, fibre, vitamins and minerals, largely grown in traditional styles in Bundelkhand region of Uttar Pradesh
- The Arhar dal grains are carefully handpicked/cleaned, washed and milled by hand driven stone mill in a traditional style
- Extremely superior in taste compared to the dal available in the market due to the hand milled process and the complete use of grains without any mixing
- 100% organically grown and completely pure
I Say Organic provides a home delivery service of Fruits, Vegetables, Atta, Grains and Oils all over Delhi and NCR. Order some Arhar Dal today and see the difference for yourself. If you have any query, mail us at email@example.com.