It’s monsoon season and the best friend possible (apart from human ones!) is a cup of spicy, sweet masala chai. Soothing and healthy, masala chai goes with any weather, any snacks and anywhere. You can customize it with your special blend of spices or settle for what’s easiest. It has no rules.
Today, we’re going to give you a basic masala chai recipe. You can drink it with Spinach Chips or Pakodas.
Let’s get started.
- Organic Tea (from I Say Organic)
- Spices (cardamom, clove, ginger or your preferred spice mix)
- Milk to taste
- Jaggery, honey or agave nectar as sweetener
- Boil fresh water in a pan or a kettle.
- Add sugar till dissolves fully. Optionally, you can add sugar later.
- Add your spices and 1 teaspoon of black tea, per cup of tea to be made.
- Boil together for 2 minutes- and for longer if you want your tea stronger.
- Add milk and and bring to boil again.
- Continue to boil on a simmer for kadak chai. Else take the tea off the stove and steep covered for 5 minutes.
- Strain into a cup.
We at I Say Organic always have ginger biscuits ready to dunk- but you can just seep first and get happy! And in the evening, you can use the same tea powder and spices to make an irresistable drink!
I Say Organic. I Say Delicious! What Do You Say? Tell us in the comments.