Alphonso mangoes give the Indian favourite Aam Ras its thick, luscious flavor. Try this delicious and easy recipe at home.
1 kg mangoes
1/2 litre milk (optional)
200gms powdered sugar or Jaggery
- Wash mangoes. Peel and cut into small pieces. Keep the seeds aside in a little water.
- Grind the mango pieces in a mixer and strain the juice.
- Mix sugar (or jaggery) in the cold milk (optional) and add to the mango juice.
- Add water for required consistency.
- Serve chilled with puri or paratha or have it by itself!
Note: The amount of jaggery or sugar depends on the sweetness of mangoes and your individual preference of sweetness. If the mangoes are sour, you could add more sugar and jaggery. But if the mangoes are very sweet, you need not add any sweetener.
Did you know: In Gujarat, the traditional way is to serve aamras with pooris. But it is also eaten after a meal as dessert or at any hour of the day.
I Say Organic. I Say Delicious! What Do You Say? Tell us in the comments.